– International and National
Over the years Professor Iwaniec was invited as a keynote speaker
thus presenting the keynote address in the areas of her particular
expertise, e.g. emotional abuse and neglect, and failure to thrive
in children, at the following conferences.
Professor Dorota Iwaniec delivering a
keynote address in Singapore to the
Childhood in the Millennium conference held in 2002.
- Canadian National Symposium on Failure to Thrive. Identifying
and Helping Children Who Fail to Thrive. Toronto, Canada,
- World Congress of Behavioural Psychotherapy. Emotional
Abuse and Failure to Thrive. Edinburgh, 1988.
- National Conference on Emotional Abuse. Prevention and
Treatment of Emotionally Abused Children. Dartington, 1994.
- 11th ISPCAN International Congress. Emotional Abuse and
Growth Failure in Children. Dublin, 1996.
- Children in Crisis Conference. Identification and Assessment
of Emotional Abuse. Leeds, 1996.
- Fictitious and Fabricated Illnesses and Failure to Thrive
Conference. Children Who Fail to Thrive. Edinburgh,
- Millennium Lecture on the Marginalised Child: Parental
Responsibility. Dublin, January 1998.
- 2nd Millennium Lecture on the Marginalised Child: Child
Welfare – The State Responsibility. London, October
- European Congress in Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy.
Parent Training for Parents whose Children Fail to Thrive.
- IFCO European Fostercare Conference. Multidimensional
and Multidisciplinary Approach in Helping Children who are in
Foster Care. Cork, 2000.
- Threats against Childhood Conference. Children at Risk.
Bialobrzegi (near Warsaw, Poland), 2001.
- Childhood in the Millennium conference. Identifying and
Protecting Children from Emotional Abuse and Neglect –
Identification, Assessment and Intervention. Singapore,
- ACPC Conference on Emotional Abuse and Fabricated and Induced
Illnesses. The Effects of Emotional Abuse on Child Growth
and Development. Truro, Cornwall, November 2002.
- Emotional Abuse of Children. Identification and Assessment
of Emotional Abuse and Neglect. Hasselt, Belgium, 2004.
- 2nd Eastern European Behaviour Analysis Conference. The
Influence of Parents on Children’s Behaviour: The Effects
of Parent-Training on Children who Fail to Thrive. Gdansk,
Professor Iwaniec has given many invited papers at national and
international conferences, in Toronto, Montreal, Hamilton (Canada),
Hong Kong, Czech Republic, Oslo (Norway), Chicago (USA), Waterford
(Republic of Ireland), and in many cities in the UK, such as London,
Birmingham, Manchester, Oldham, Hull, Southampton, Glasgow, Winchester,
Newcastle-on-Tyne, Rochdale, Bristol, Huddersfield, Leicester,
Belfast, Newcastle (Co. Down), Armagh, etc.